19-22 March 2018, Shanghai, China
IMDRF's Management Committee (MC) meetings of March (Shanghai) and September (Beijing) were chaired by the China Food and Drug Administration. More information is available here.
DITTA took part in the OPEN STAKEHOLDERS session and delivered a presentation. It is available here.
DITTA Workshop on Cybersecurity
Monday 19 March 2018
DATE: Monday, 19 March 2018
LOCATION: : Hyatt on the Bund, 199 Huangpu Rd, Hongkou Qu, Shanghai Shi, China Grand Ballroom I
The full agenda of the event is available here.
Presentations are under Related Documents.
- Opening Session - Welcome and introductory remarks: Host Organizations
- Patrick Hope – Chair, DITTA
- Yuan Lin – Chair, IMDRF, and Director General, Department of International Cooperation, CFDA
- Part 1: Regulations – status in IMDRF jurisdictions
- Part 2: International standards on cybersecurity
- Coffee Break
- Part 3: What healthcare providers are doing on cybersecurity
- What are healthcare providers’ views on cybersecurity?
- Conclusion & Wrap-Up by DITTA Chair
The workshop was conducted in English and Chinese, with simultaneous translation.
Objective: Cybersecurity is a high priority for physicians, hospitals, and manufacturers of all internet-connected devices, and even more so when patient safety and health information is at stake. DITTA continues to be pro-active and lead efforts to strengthen cybersecurity for medical technologies. Because cybersecurity is not only the responsibility of industry but goes beyond, collaboration between regulators, healthcare providers and industry is required to safeguard the patients' protected health information and their physical safety.
The agenda of all IMDRF past meetings is available here.